Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Identity Crisis

Thanks to the first male contributor! We all know there are crazy women out there too...and we want to hear about them. I think this story is an "only in LA" type of thing. I hope so.

~ms. m


About three years ago a girl hit on me in a parking lot, she drove a PT Cruiser with Texas plates and she had a Texas accent that I found charming. She gave me her business card and told me to call her. Her name was D____ and she worked at a makeup counter in the Beverly Hills Saks.

I called her a few days later; she was house-sitting for a friend and invited me over. We had a couple drinks and got to know each other a little better. In the middle of telling me about herself she suddenly said, “Jay has had a crazy life.”

I was confused and asked, “Who’s Jay?”

“Oh, Jay is my stage name” she said.

She was talking about herself in the third person by her stage name. Weird.

She did that like three more times over the next half hour and it really turned me off. I went home and never called her again.


~ Carl

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Sarah thinks that is funny and strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, I might have played along. Though she wasn't playing, I would have gotten a kick out of it. But, then again, I do enjoy drama... When I have an exit stratagy.

    ReplyDelete